[rabbitmq-discuss] Transfer rate improvement above 45mb/second?

Matt matt.wolf74 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 05:11:09 GMT 2012

Thats sounds very unsatisfactory simply because I am not sure it addresses
the real problem and makes me wonder  how efficient/inefficient the AMQP
parser really is. If I send large byte arrays what needs to be parsed? My
understanding is that each message gets parsed to AMQP but not the content
of the message body. So, I fail to understand how parsing makes a
difference whether I send a byte array of size 10 bytes versus a message
that contains a body that holds a 10 megabyte byte array. I do not see why
the bus limits me to 45mb/second. My binary reader moves about
200mb/second, reading from a physical storage into memory, including the
parsing of the byte arrays to C# objects, thus the raw speed should be even
a lot higher. There must be something else going on that limits RabbitMQ to
go beyond the 45mb/second. The order of messages is important thus I cannot
run more channels in parallel. Can anyone please chime in so I understand
what I am overlooking here? Thanks a lot.