[rabbitmq-discuss] Best OS and configuration needs

Simone Busoli simone.busoli at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 20:53:07 GMT 2012

Hi Jose,

I can tell you about my experience, but please take into account that the
deployments I did bear nowhere near the load you've described.

That said, I'm pretty sure the broker counts way more Linux deployments
than Windows ones, although I've been running on Windows for months without
any major issues. This directly implies that you're less likely to
experience issues unheard of if run on Linux.
On the client side I've been using .NET as well, with some minor glitches,
of which some are resolved in the version control trunk. (I.e. heartbeats)

I'll leave the ram and disk aspect to someone else as it's never really
concerned me given the relatively low load.