[rabbitmq-discuss] Sequential processing for groups of messages with a multi-consumer setup

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jun 26 11:13:10 BST 2012

Hi Ed,

On 26/06/12 03:30, Ed Levin wrote:
> I am leaning towards option 2 but appreciate any feedback and wisdom
> from the community (perhaps I am missing something obvious).

Both your solutions will work. Another option that I would consider is a
consistent hash exchange, and use the ticket ID as a routing key. That
will allow multiple consumers to process messages associated with
multiple tickets, but the same consumer will always receive messages for
the same tickets.

For more details see
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-consistent-hash-exchange/file/rabbitmq_v2_8_4/README.md

-Emile