[rabbitmq-discuss] Handling consumer cancellation notifications

as4j1th as4j1th at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:11:25 BST 2012

Hi,

We have followed the instructions in http://www.rabbitmq.com/ha.html to
setup an active-active cluster with 3 nodes rabbit1, rabbit2 and rabbit3.
To create a mirrored queue, we are using x-ha-policy and to get consumer
cancellation notifications we have put true for consumer_cancel_notify in
clientProperties.
Now, we published messages to the queue with rabbit2 as master and had the
consumer consume from  rabbit3. When rabbit2 is stopped, the consumer
connected to rabbit3 is not getting a cancellation notification.

We are using rabbitmq 2.8.2-1 and our java consumer POC code is here -
https://gist.github.com/2990146

Not sure what we are doing wrong. Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Has anyone attempted to handle cancel notifications with
 https://github.com/videlalvaro/php-amqplib?

Thanks
as4j1th