[rabbitmq-discuss] Exchange design to use such that messages sent does not route back?

tang qingxiong tqxtqx at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 09:05:30 BST 2012

Some background, currently I am using rabbitMQ as a broker in direct
mode between applications.

There is X number of applications running at 1 time all binding to the
same exchange and send out messages with a routing key.

e.g App A will publish message with key "111" and App B, C, D will
receive the messages A sent. Similarly B, also publish with "111" and
A ,C,D will receive the message etc.

However I noticed a problem with my design as App A will also receive
back the message it sent as it consume with the same key. Is there a
way to configure such that messages sent out does not route back to
the same application? Thanks

Regards,
Tang