[rabbitmq-discuss] Crash with RabbitMQ-Web-Stomp plugin on Debian

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 25 10:53:31 BST 2012

Toby,

On 25/06/12 10:40, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> On 25/06/12 14:52, Matthias Radestock wrote:
>> If you want to build from source, you can find all required plug-ins in
>> our hg repo. Just follow the generic plugin build instructions at
>> instructions at
>> http://www.rabbitmq.com/plugin-development.html#getting-started.
>
> Hi Matthias,
> I did follow those instructions, and checked out the public-umbrella
> repo -- however it didn't include the cowboy-wrapper or sockjs-wrapper
> plugins

Ah yes, that's because they are not officially released yet. You'll need
to clone them manually inside the public umbrella, i.e.

$ cd rabbitmq-public-umbrella
$ hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/cowboy-wrapper
$ hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/sockjs-erlang-wrapper

> (However, I'll try running with the old builds if that does actually
> work.. I thought there was some kind of version-checking that would
> prevent it)

During startup the broker issues warnings for undefined functions, which
is what you'd typically get when internal APIs have changed in
incompatible ways or when running against too old an Erlang. There are
no version checks.

Regards,

Matthias.