[rabbitmq-discuss] What can I do about this ioloop error and subsequent write buffer exceeded warnings?

c00kiemonster ake.kullenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 10:18:46 BST 2012

I have a server script running three threads. One main thread with the
inner core of the server instance, and then one receiver thread, and one
sender thread. The receiver thread has one asynchronous pika connection
receiving messages, and the sender thread has another asynchronous pika
connection sending messages. This server instance is running just fine, but
here and there this error pops up, and after the error comes write buffer
exceeded warnings. At this point I simply restart the server script and
everything is fine again.

How can I track this issue down? It's not easy to replicate, usually it
happens every second day or so. I guess the question is actually two fold.
First, looking in the base_connection.py file on line 106, it seems that
the error variable passed to the _handle_error is None which makes it
problematic to get the error_code. At this point in the code it seems odd
for error to be None, but on line 137 error has a default value of None. So
the first thing is to try to figure out whether the error is a proper
error, or if it's just a bug somewhere in the event handling. Second, if it
turns out to be a proper error, how can I debug to see which message /
event triggered the error? Is there any way that I can see inspect the
traffic to try to find the bad message / event?