[rabbitmq-discuss] IMPORTANT: serious bug in RabbitMQ 2.8.3 - please upgrade *now*

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jun 22 17:52:18 BST 2012

We've found an unpleasant bug in RabbitMQ 2.8.3 which can cause log
rotation to trigger a state where the log file grows rapidly and without
end, eventually exhausting all available disk space.

If you are running RabbitMQ 2.8.3 you are strongly advised to upgrade to
2.8.4 immediately and in the meantime do not invoke "rabbitmqctl
rotate_logs". This applies particularly strongly to users of the RPM and
.deb packages, since these are configured to rotate logs automatically.

Other versions of RabbitMQ are not affected by this bug.

This release also fixes an issue activating plugins on Windows. See the
attached release notes for more details.

The new release can be downloaded from:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/download.html

As always, we welcome any questions, bug reports, and other feedback on
this release, as well as general suggestions for features and
enhancements in future releases. Mail us via the RabbitMQ discussion
list.

Regards,
                       The RabbitMQ Team
                       (http://www.rabbitmq.com)