[rabbitmq-discuss] Publishing delay when process is active

Scott Persinger scottpersinger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 05:09:00 BST 2012

I have a daemon process which uses a Tornado IO loop for event processing
and the pika/TornadoConnection class
for interacting with Rabbit.

My processing loop looks like:

  -wait to receive a Rabbit message (ioloop.start())
  -on message:
    - loop
       - do some work
       - publish a status message (like "work item #1 complete")

My problem is that in the case there is lots of work to do, then messages
published inside the "do some work"
loop don't seem to get sent until processing is finished and returns
to the ioloop. Is there some way to make those messages be published
immediately, like a flush? Or is there
a different pattern I should use to ensure timely publishing?

thanks