[rabbitmq-discuss] Crash with RabbitMQ-Web-Stomp plugin on Debian

Marek Majkowski majek04 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 12:33:43 BST 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 6:25 AM, Toby Corkindale
<toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au> wrote:
> On 21/06/12 15:18, Toby Corkindale wrote:
>> I've tried installing the web-stomp plugin on Debian Squeeze, following
>> the notes here:
>> http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2012/05/14/introducing-rabbitmq-web-stomp/
>>
>> However, Rabbit fails to start, with the error:
>> Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
>> Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)
>>
>> ({application_start_failure,cowboy,{shutdown,{cowboy_app,start,[normal,[]]}}})
>

> PS. I've tried on Ubuntu Precise, and it works OK there, using exactly the
> same .deb file.

Most likely you're using too old erlang runtime on debian. As mentioned
in the blog post [1], you need Erlang R14.

Can you make sure that you have at least R14 on debian?

[1] http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2012/05/14/introducing-rabbitmq-web-stomp/

Marek