[rabbitmq-discuss] Question Regarding Writing Plugin

Tim Watson watson.timothy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:06:58 BST 2012

On 20 Jun 2012, at 07:28, Ashutosh Trivedi wrote:

> Hi Tim
> When I give the command make checkout it shows me the following output
> ashutosh.trivedi at GGNASHUTOSH /c/Users/ashutosh.trivedi/rabbitmq-public-umbrella
> $ make checkout
> make: Nothing to be done for `checkout'.
> Is it right or wrong?

It means that checkout has already been run successfully.

> But when I give the command make all
> Then after some time it will ask me a question
> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] –r
> Apply anyway? [n] n

This should not be happening. The patch that the makefile is trying to apply has *already* been applied - that's clearly what the message states - so it should just be ignored by the makefile. This might be a Cygwin oddity.

> Then it give me error
> =ERROR REPORT==== 20-Jun-2012::17:27:26 ===
> File operation error: eio. Target: deps:dist. Function: list_dir. Process: code_
> server.
> c:/Users/ASHUTO~1.TRI/RABBIT~1/RA9B14~1/include/amqp_client.hrl:20: can't find i
> nclude lib "rabbit_common/include/rabbit.hrl"
> c:/Users/ASHUTO~1.TRI/RABBIT~1/RA9B14~1/include/amqp_client.hrl:21: can't find i
> nclude lib "rabbit_common/include/rabbit_framing.hrl"
> c:/Users/ASHUTO~1.TRI/RABBIT~1/RA9B14~1/include/amqp_client.hrl:33: record 'P_ba
> sic' undefined
> make[2]: *** [ebin/amqp_auth_mechanisms.beam] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/ashutosh.trivedi/rabbitmq-public-umbrella/r
> abbitmq-erlang-client'
> make[1]: *** [rabbitmq-erlang-client/dist/.done.0.0.0] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/ashutosh.trivedi/rabbitmq-public-umbrella'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> how rabbit-common reside

Look at rabbitmq-public-umbrella/rabbitmq-erlang-client/common.mk - that is how rabbit-common is generated (it contains sources and headers from the broker code base which resides in rabbitmq-server).

> Thanks

You're welcome. I am not going to continue looking at this issue however, for the reasons I mentioned previously. If you want to get this built from source then install a unix based operating system on a vm and you'll find all the tips you need to build from source in the RabbitMQ in Action book, old threads on this mailing list and on the internet in general. I can't reproduce your build problems without setting up a windows build environment and I do not have time to do that right now. If and when I do get around to that in the future, I'll be sure to write up any helpful hints and tips required.

Cheers,
Tim