[rabbitmq-discuss] Newbie Q: Bugs in 2.8.2-1?

Philip K. Warren pkwarren at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 20:22:17 BST 2012

We have encountered issues in RabbitMQ 2.8.2 and greater with the default 'disk_free_limit' monitoring. If you are running on a system with more available RAM than disk space out of the box, RabbitMQ will block consumers in its default configuration.

We worked around this by configuring the RabbitMQ disk_free_limit threshold to be less than the default of 1. For example, to enforce the blocking of publishing only when the available disk is 10% of the memory on the system, create the file /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.config and add the following setting (don't forget the trailing period):

[
{rabbit, [{disk_free_limit, {mem_relative, 0.1}}]}
].

For more information, see 'Disk-Based Flow Control' documentation here: http://www.rabbitmq.com/memory.html#diskfreesup

--
Philip K. Warren