[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue automatically binding to default exchange...

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 18 10:11:00 BST 2012

Hi Tom,

On 17/06/12 02:33, Tom Wrigg wrote:
> I'm using rabbitmq with node.js and have a problem when binding queues.
> Every time I bind a queue to a named exchange it automatically seems to
> bind to the 'default' direct exchange as well. Why is it doing this and
> how can I make it stop? Any help would be great thanks...

New queues are bound to the default exchange by default, as required by
the AMQP specification. This was intended as a convenience so that you
don't have to create a new exchange and binding in the simplest cases.
You are free to ignore the default exchange - it won't interfere with
what you are doing.

-Emile