[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ logging to rsyslog instead of text files?

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Mon Jun 11 22:52:32 BST 2012

In our environment (lots of service processes on hundreds of machine,
all on Ubuntu), we do a pretty through job of sending all the various
diagnostics spew through rsyslog to a single server where we can see
everything in a roughly chronological time order.

RabbitMQ is the one holdout to this. It seems to want to always write
its output to files under /var/log on the local machine (e.g.,
rabbit at play.log). Are there any settings or tricks that enable the
RabbitMQ output to easily be redirected to rsyslog? I've seen mention
of imfile, but that seems heavy handed at the moment. Is the only real
option?

Thanks,

Matt