[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ connections blocked and not receiving simple messages

Renne Rocha me at rennerocha.com
Mon Jun 11 19:31:53 BST 2012

  Hello Simon,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

>  I have no more clues about how to get this work, and the RabbitMQ
>> documentation don't have any info about this. Anyone can help me? Is
>> there something I can check or do to make this work?
>>

> Either the memory alarm or the disk space alarm will have gone off,
> preventing RMQ from accepting new messages. Check the logs.

  It seems odd to have disk space or memory problems, since I am trying to
use a very simple example :-) But looking at the logs I saw this:

  =INFO REPORT==== 11-Jun-2012::19:18:01 ===
Disk free space limit now exceeded. Free bytes:2127663104 Limit:16726757376

=INFO REPORT==== 11-Jun-2012::19:18:01 ===
    alarm_handler: {set,{{resource_limit,disk,zinanode at muvmp235},[]}}

  It seems to be a disk space problem.

  Reading the docs (http://www.rabbitmq.com/memory.html#diskfreesup) I
found that the default value is 1.0 times the amount of total RAM is
required to be free on the Mnesia partition. But how do I know what is the
suitable value to be set? Is there any rule? Or should I try-and-error
until my system works fine?

  Best regards,

  Renne Rocha

Cheers, Simon