[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq_jsonrpc_channel reconnect ability?

Marek Majkowski majek04 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 14:55:11 BST 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Alexander Albul <AAlbul at lohika.com> wrote:
> Hi, right now I have a working example of Json rpc channel usage.
> The problem is that when client have any connection problems, we receive Jsonrpc error and polling requests just stop.
> I am looking for easy and proper way to handle transport errors and retry (or continue) listening.

I'm afraid there is no "proper" way. When it works - great. But on
network errors, I'd assume the state of the channel is undefined.
I would be surprised if there is a sane way to recover. Best solution
IMO is to kill the channel and establish a new one.

Much better lifetime management is achieved when underlying
transport is connection - like. With this in mind we created
web-stomp plugin, you might give it a try:

https://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2012/05/14/introducing-rabbitmq-web-stomp/

Cheers,
  Marek