[rabbitmq-discuss] Transaction

David sUAREZ d.suarez at aquaesolutions.com
Wed Jun 6 10:32:14 BST 2012

Good morning.

I have the following problem. In my application I have the following message
flow.

1) A publisher sends a message to a queue "A".
2) A subcriptor receives the message from queue "A" and send this message to
the process "P".
3) In the process "P" I send a message to the queue "B".
4) The subcriptor which received the message sends the ACK to RabbitMQ.

The subcriptor uses a channel "C1" to process messages in the point 2. And
the point 3 is sent the message to the queue "B" through another channel
"C2".

I would like the ACK sent by the channel "C1" belonged the same transaction
that the publication of the message by the channel "C2", that is showed in
the point 3. Is it possible?. I have only seen  transactions in the same
channel. Not by connection.

Why do I want this?. May be that I send the publication showed in section 3
and the machine crash. Then the ack of subcriptor will not be sent. Then the
"P" process re-processing the previous message and re-send the same message
showed in the point 3. Duplicating messages.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p33968899/rabbitmq.png

Thanks
Regards,
David