[rabbitmq-discuss] beam.smp segfaults

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 6 10:06:42 BST 2012

Hi Dennis,

On 05/06/12 11:40, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> we are running into trouble with our rabbitmq setup. The beam.smp
> process segfaults on us:

Can you please let us know what steps you have taken to diagnose the
problem, e.g. have you ruled out hardware problems as a cause?

Was HiPE enabled? If so then turn it off.

Is the stack trace identical in each case?

How repeatable is the error?

Is it repeatable if you turn SMP support off (by supplying the "-smp
disable" flag to the "erl" command)?
See http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/erl.html#smp

What was the broker doing at the time of the segfault? Was there
anything in the broker log or the sasl log at the time?

At what point did the errors start - when you upgraded to v2.7.1?
What was the last combination of software that did not produce segfaults?

Hopefully your answers lead to a solution, otherwise we might need to
enlist the help of the Erlang authors by referring your question to the
erlang-questions mailing list.

-Emile