[rabbitmq-discuss] What do you need to have for RabbitMQ client?

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jun 1 12:44:29 BST 2012

On 31/05/12 14:54, Scarpacci wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In order to send / receive messages to RabbitMQ server is all that you need
> to have is one of the RabbitMQ clients (Java, .Net, Python, etc)? Once you
> have those then the exchange is available?
Yes this is correct. Having a client is enough, as long as there is a
broker running somewhere for you to connect to. Obviously you'll need a
client consuming and a client production (i.e., publishing) messages if
you're going to see anything useful happen. :)

> All of the prototypes I have played with had RabbitMQ server installed on
> the same machine. Just trying to understand that piece.
That's probably just incidental.

Cheers,
Tim