[rabbitmq-discuss] Version check when clustering?

maf maf at recordedfuture.com
Wed Jul 25 06:54:24 BST 2012

Hello,

I recently tried to extend my RabbitMQ-cluster by adding a new machine. But
when I did so the cluster crashed. To make a long story short, it turned
out that I tried to add a node running 2.8.4 (and more modern Erlang) to a
2.8.2 cluster, and this did not work.

I think it would be a good idea if the nodes checked that they are the same
version when setting up the cluster and give an error message otherwise, or
if it supposed to work then make it work. Having the cluster die when you
try to add a new node seems a bit user-unfriendly :)

    /MaF