[rabbitmq-discuss] Configuring beyond rabbitmq server on localhost

McMahon, James S (TASC) james.mcmahon at TASC.COM
Mon Jul 23 15:29:29 BST 2012

     Working through the introductory examples, I have only configured the rabbitmq server on localhost. I run Java classes in various consoles, and they exchange messages through rabbitMQ direct exchanges. Nice and tidy, and it seems to work.

     I'd now like to configure it on a remote physical server that will field messages from other networked resources. In other words many machines may be running local instances of EmitLogDirect.class and ReceiveLogsDirect.class, and all of these would be served by one (or more?) rabbitmq server(s) on a remote host.

     How is this done? I'm guessing that I need to replace all my localhost references with some form of a URL for my remote host, and I suspect there will be rabbitmq and/or erlang configuration files that need to be modified on the server host and client machines so that they can communicate with the rabbitmq remote server. Is there an example?

     Do people typically have multiple rabbitMQ servers running in some federated fashion, serving as backup instances for fault tolerance and fail over?

     Thank you in advance for your comments and help.

Jim

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attachments or files transmitted with it (collectively, the "Message") are intended only for the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary and/or prohibited from disclosure by law or contract. If you are not the intended recipient: (a) please do not read, copy or retransmit the Message; (b) permanently delete and/or destroy all electronic and hard copies of the Message; (c) notify us by return email; and (d) you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the Message is strictly prohibited.