[rabbitmq-discuss] changing hostnames

Elizabeth Liao eliao at seegrid.com
Fri Jul 20 20:53:55 BST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to change the hostname of a machine that is running rabbitmq-server without logging out but I've been unsuccessful so far.

I've tried the following sequence of commands:
1. rabbitmqctl stop
2. /etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server stop
3. Set hostname in /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/network
4. Set hostname using /bin/hostname
5. /etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server start  ends up failing

The following are the contents of the startup_log file:
Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...

*WARNING* Undefined function ssl:ssl_accept/3
*WARNING* Undefined function unicode:characters_to_binary/3

4 plugins activated:
* amqp_client-2.8.2
* erlando-2.8.2
* rabbitmq_federation-2.8.2
* rabbitmq_shovel-2.8.2

ERROR: epmd error for host "OldHostname": nxdomain (non-existing domain)