[rabbitmq-discuss] Cluster Setup

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 18 15:49:51 BST 2012

On 18 Jul 2012, at 15:31, mrajkovic wrote:
> root at mf-01:~# telnet
>
> telnet> open mf-02 5672
>
> Trying 119.31.227.106...
>
> Connected to mf-02.cloud.m-i.com.au.
>
> Escape character is '^]'.

> asd
>
> AMQP    Connection closed by foreign host.
>

> telnet works…

No sorry, I'm clearly having concentration problems this afternoon. You need to telnet onto the epmd port 4369. I'm assuming you cannot do that? Unless you've set ERL_EPMD_ADDRESS or you have some local configuration on that machine preventing epmd from listening to anything but localhost, I can't see why this would be happening. Please confirm that telnet is *not* working as expected.