[rabbitmq-discuss] Restarting/re-establising failed federation connections

David Gillies dgillies at brandscreen.com
Wed Jul 18 01:56:03 BST 2012

Hi Steve,

On 12 July 2012 23:50, Steve Powell <spowell at rbcon.com> wrote:

> Please can you tell me what versions of RabbitMQ you are running on the
> upstream and downstream clusters? Although these are allowed to be
> different, some changes were made in 2.8.2 which try to take advantage
> of upstream exchange mods if they are detected. If the upstream exchange
> and downstream exchange have versions which straddle 2.8.2, I might
> expect some odd behaviour in recovery scenarios (though we should be
> fine :-).

So I've just recently upgraded all my rabbits to 2.8.4. All servers are
running on ubuntu 10.04, except for the  downstream servers, which are on
ubuntu 12.04.

I've posted up the logs from the downstream server from around the time
that one of the upstream servers lose connectivity and the downstream
server is never able to connect again here:
https://gist.github.com/85da45443b92e69e29a0

Thanks,
--
David Gillies
Senior Systems Engineer, Brandscreen
dgillies at brandscreen.com

Australia: Level 2, 30 Alfred Street, Milsons Point NSW 2061 Australia