[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ and Powershell via PoshRabbit, not working correctly

JoeyAdmin joeydewd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 10:46:17 BST 2012

Hey everyone!

I'm working on a project where I need to connect two powershells via each
other using RabbitMQ. I'm using an opensource module called PoshRabbit
(http://poshrabbit.codeplex.com/) and
I'm hoping any one of you has experience with this module or can see what
I'm doing wrong without knowing the module.

I am making connections and can see the queue's being created but for some
reason I can't publish or retrieve any messages from my queues. Can you see
what I'm doing wrong since I'm following every step.

import-module poshrabbit;
$pass = ConvertTo-SecureString "pass" -AsPlainText -Force;
$q = start-consumer -queuename 'Test' -name 'Testing' -hostname 'localhost'
-username 'Joey2' -password $pass -exchange posh -routingkey 'prefix.#';

$a=@{
hostname = 'localhost';
exchange = 'posh';
routingkey = 'prefix.#';
};

this works fine without returning any errors and calling $q returns info
about the queue so that should be fine.

However,
publish-string @a -message 'hoi';

returns the following error:

Publish-RabbitMessage : None of the specified endpoints were reacable
at ...... \poshrabbit-functions.ps1:717 char:24
+    public-rabbitMessage <<<<  local :a;

Any help would be much appreciated since I'm stuck here!

Thanks in advance!
-Joey :)