[rabbitmq-discuss] return callback works only once

Francesco Mazzoli francesco at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 16 14:51:59 BST 2012

At Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:54:40 +0400,
Anton Kirilenko wrote:

> When I send a message to queue that doesn't exist, the return_callback is
> called in my program. But when I do it the second time (to the same queue or
> to another) - nothing happens! What am I doing wrong?  I can't provide the
> code sample, because the code is huge and it's not easy to get the short piece
> from it.

I took a look at the code, and it is extremely simple. The only time in which we
remove the handler is when the handler dies. Are you sure that the handler is
actually looping to always receive messages, and not just receiving once? You
can check the logs to see if the client has noticed that it went down.

--
Francesco * Often in error, never in doubt