[rabbitmq-discuss] Failure starting up after power pulled from machine

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jul 13 19:46:35 BST 2012

On 13/07/12 18:59, Elizabeth Liao wrote:
> We can consistently reproduce this problem by pulling the power.
> Attached are the logs from the $RABBITMQ_MNESIA_BASE dir
> (home/rabbit/db) and  /var/log/rabbitmq.  We are running RabbitMQ
> 2.8.2 on  FC 11.  Hopefully, you don't mind that I sent this directly
> to you. I felt uncomfortable sending this out to the mailing list
> since it I wasn't sure how to make all the logs anonymous.

No problem. I am putting the list back on cc...

A few questions:

- the .tar.gz looks a bit odd in that all the files in it are themselves
compressed. Please confirm that you did that yourself and just for
sending me the data - if the filesystem actually had all the files
compressed then things would certainly go wrong.

- there appear to be *two* mnesia base dirs - one in
/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia, and one in /home/rabbit/db. Which one are you
using? I suspect it's the latter since it has more recent timestamps.

- with the exact mnesia dirs you sent, what error do you get when
starting rabbit?

Matthias