[rabbitmq-discuss] Some bugs in management plugin and HA

Michał Kiędyś michal at kiedys.net
Tue Jul 10 14:29:55 BST 2012

Hi

I found some bugs in management plugin and HA:

Configuration:
Cluster with 4 nodes:
arch-task-mq-1 (disk), arch-task-mq-2 (ram), arch-task-mq-3
(disk), arch-task-mq-4 (ram)
Version 2.8.4
Erlang R14A

1.
On node arch-task-mq-3 I execute iptables commands:

iptables -A INPUT -s arch-task-mq-1 -j DROP
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -d arch-task-mq-1 -j DROP

Node mq-1 tells that mq-3 is not running, node mq-3 tells that mq-1 is not
running.
Other nodes raport that every node is running.

After 5 minutes I execute:

iptables -F

After a while the mq-3 returns to normal operation, but nothing change in
state displayed on Overview -> Nodes view on mq-1 and mq-3.
Node mq-3 is still raporting that mq-1 is not running and vice versa.
Information in mq-1 about state of mq-3 changes after mq-3 restart - not
before.

2.
After spliting servers using method described above Im trying to remove
queue "test" which resides only on mq-3 (HA is not used).
I push "Delete" button on "Queues" and after doing that I back to "Queues"
tab. But queue "test" is still there.
After clicking to queue "test" I see:

Ready*undefined*
Unacknowledged*undefined*
Total*undefined*

If I try to delete queue "test" again, server reports that queue not exists.
Screenshot: ss1.png

3.
After spliting servers using method described above and restoring
connection to mq-1 in mq-3, node mq-1 is reporting internal server errors
on "Connections" tab. Errors occurs periodically.
Screenshort: ss2.png

4.
After spliting servers using method described in 1. and restoring
connection to mq-1 from mq-3 Im not able to create HA queue.
I go to mq-3 and create HA queue named "test". Node mq-1 see that queue,
but is not synchronized.
Screenshots: ss2.png, ss3.png
MQ-1 is not able to deliver messages to that queue. Other nodes do it
without problems.
Restarting mq-3 causes the queue .. disappear. Even if there were
undelivered messages.

Regards,
MK