[rabbitmq-discuss] JSON-RPC: RPC endpoint responds with "not found"

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 10 11:36:38 BST 2012

On 09/07/12 20:41, Caerbannog wrote:
> When I open http://localhost:55670/rpc <http://smuc1697:55670/rpc> in
> the browser I get a blank page with the text "Not found."

Believe it or not, that's what it should do. The /rpc endpoint i9s not
designed to be used via a browser. The /rpc-examples path should work...

... however, in looking at this I noticed that it doesn't. It looks like
rabbitmq-jsonrpc-channel is broken in 2.8.4 (hurrah for automated tests
that have to run in a browser and not a CI server).

If you need to use rabbitmq-jsonrpc-channel you'll have to downgrade to
2.8.2. Or slightly more favourably, you can extract the file
"rfc4627_jsonrpc-2.8.2-git.ez" from
http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-server/v2.8.2/rabbitmq-server-windows-2.8.2.zip
and use that to replace the equivalent plugin in C:\Program
Files\RabbitMQ Server\rabbitmq_server-2.8.4\plugins

Bah.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen