[rabbitmq-discuss] Can't cluster 2 computers - "distribution port" changes on restart - how do I fix it to a certain port?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 9 10:45:11 BST 2012

Hi,

On 07/07/12 11:55, Navigateur wrote:
> Have a firewall so I need to pin the "distribution port" to a certain
> number (RabbitMQ changes it on restart). How do I do this in the latest
> version of RabbitMQ 2.7.1 and on Ubuntu Server (12.04)? Couldn't find
> the file which has the "SERVER_ERL_ARGS" setting specified. Brand new
> install of RabbitMQ.

You will need to constrain the inet_dist_listen_min and
inet_dist_listen_max kernel app settings. More details can be found here:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html#firewall

For an example of a configuration file that specifies a distribution
port range see

http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2010-June/007616.html

It is possible to specify this using the RABBITMQ_SERVER_ERL_ARGS
environment variable, but I would recommend using the config file instead.

-Emile