[rabbitmq-discuss] How do i stop the erlang node but keep the rabbitmq server running.

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jul 6 19:06:11 BST 2012

Hi Prashanth,

Please keep replies on list, as I mentioned earlier (just before
forgetting to do some myself!). :)

On 06/07/2012 18:38, Prashanth M wrote:
> correct me if i am wrong. We proved the reliability of rabbitmq, we are
> planning to prove how clustering works out of box.

Ok that's fine, but *what* about clustering do you need to prove for
your architecture? Are you wanting to know what happens if you've got
two nodes and one goes down? The idea is that all the relevant parts
that should be present on all nodes, should survive a crash. As the list
entry I referred you to in my previous mail states, you've got to be
careful when using ram nodes, as you *can* get yourself into a situation
where data loss is *possible* under those circumstances.

Please read the clustering guide in detail and then feel free to come
back ask any questions. If you want to stop rabbit on a node, without
stopping the node itself, you'd use `rabbitmqctl stop_app` or
`rabbitmqctl stop` to stop the rabbit application *and* the node.

Tim