[rabbitmq-discuss] Auto delete messages in Queue after queue size reaches a certain number

Maurya M mauryam at live.in
Thu Jul 5 17:55:47 BST 2012

Matthias,
 Setting the "ttl" on the publisher queue does work fine when the consumer also declares the queue with 'ttl' (using Java client tested)

Is it necessary for declaring the consumer queue to hold the configuration of ttl? My requirement is to drop the published messages which are older than X secs. Is there are way to achieve this using a Java publisher and C++ consumer? Appreciate your response.

Thnx,
Maurya