[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Clustering Million of Users

eleanor evangeline.eleanor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 05:42:25 BST 2012

jkff, so you're saying that each node in a cluster should have more workers
to do the dirty work for him.

Gavin, can you tell me more about the cluster you're talking about: how many
nodes/workers - how they are connected. And also, all the nodes should be on
LAN, so the connections are really fast (so that packets per second don't
cause too much delay when nodes are exchanging messages). And how much RAM
are we talking about. I would really like to know some specific numbers
about how to build such a cluster - which VPS provider (or any other provide
to chose from), what VPS to choose: how much CPU, RAM, disk, etc.

And also: the GAE instances are then really not that great. You're saying
that 1 node can compare to 400 GAE instances? Is there any link that
describes that in more detail, since I want to be really sure about this,
because I don't want to burn myself with it.

Thank you