[rabbitmq-discuss] How to specify user/pass

Ask Solem ask at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 3 11:05:06 BST 2012

On 2 Jul 2012, at 05:45, eleanor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a tutorial somewhere which specifies how we can login to the
> rabbitmq which uses internal database and LDAP database.
>
> The example from the tutorial is the following code:
>

> How can I change that to also login with the user/pass to the rabbitmq. A
> link to the tutorial would be great. Sorry for the noob question, but I'm
> really just starting out with rabbitmq.

The ConnectionParameters takes a credentials argument:

   credentials = pika.PlainCredentials('username', 'password')
   connection = pika.BlockingConnection(pika.ConnectionParameters(
        credentials=credentials,
        host='localhost')

I believe it's also possible use SSL, you can see the documentation
for more information:
http://pika.github.com/connecting.html#credentials