[rabbitmq-discuss] pika 0.9.5 - trouble closing a connection?

Ask Solem ask at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 3 10:58:32 BST 2012

On 29 Jun 2012, at 20:07, Gavin M. Roy wrote:

> IIRC channels in _channels are not removed until Channel.CloseOk is received from Rabbit, even if you asked for a Channel.Close.

That makes sense.

If this keeps the objects alive creating a leak, then you could
add a timeout to the connection.close, so that if the server doesn't respond within
10 seconds for example, you clean up the channels yourself.

Or maybe you can do that directly too, but I'm not sure how important it is to get
the close ok reply back.