[rabbitmq-discuss] plugins not loading.

dksayers dksayers at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 03:47:01 GMT 2012

I am trying to get the administration plugin working with
rabbitmq-2.7.0 on
my FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE amd64 machine. I install via the FreeBSD ports
tree where erlang-lite-r14b04_1,1 is also built and installed as a
dependancy. I then did the following:

# rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management
The following plugins have been enabled:
  mochiweb
  webmachine
  rabbitmq_mochiweb
  amqp_client
  rabbitmq_management_agent
  rabbitmq_management

Plugin configuration has changed. Restart RabbitMQ for changes to take
effect.
# cat /etc/rabbitmq/enabled_plugins
[rabbitmq_management].

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/rabbitmq start
Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
0 plugins activated:

#

When I try to access port 55672 I am told 'Unable to connect'. It
seems
that my plugins are not loading but I have no idea why. The log files
provide no beneficial information. What have I missed.