[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Installation as non-root user

preeti sp preetisp_83 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 15:19:39 GMT 2012

Hi Emile,

One more quick question.

I am not well-versed with RPM Installables. So, when I Install using RPM Package as a sudoer, does it go over the Internet to get appropriate Installable or dependent libraries. Like, in the case of Debian package Installation, it actually goes and gets all the required packages recursively.

The reason I am asking this is - On Production Machines, we would not want to Install things randomly from Internet! And, my Prod Environment would be RHEL 5. So, just wanted to check on how RPM works internally for Installation!

Do folks generally Install tar RabbitMQ versions on Production Machines? I am just a little concerned on downside that it does not auto restart RabbitMQ on re-boot! So, just checking on right Installable for my Prod Environment just in case I manage to get at least the SUDO access If not root!

Thanks,
Preeti