[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ cluster issue

Alexandru Scvorţov alexandru at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jan 30 10:20:03 GMT 2012

Hi,

> rabbit at app9 is working file in the standalone mode, but if I follow
> the below commands, it says "Error: {no_running_cluster_nodes,
> [rabbit at app1],[rabbit at app1]}".

Unfortunately, that means exactly that rabbit at app9 can't connect to
rabbit at app1.

Just to make sure, was rabbit at app1 started when you tried this?
Because, I always forget to 'start_app' after 'stop_app'/'reset'/'cluster'.

If it was, try connecting to it from *app9*:
  $ rabbitmqctl status -n rabbit at app1

If that command is unsuccessful, the cookie isn't the same or there are
connectivity issues between nodes.

> I am using same erlang cookie value on all the nodes and pass the
> erlang cookie using -setcookie in rabbitmq-server.sh and
> rabbitmqctl.sh scripts.

Oh.  Does that mean you edited the scripts?

Cheers,
Alex