[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Installation as non-root user

preeti sp preetisp_83 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 08:16:12 GMT 2012

Hi

I need some help.

I want to perform RabbitMQ Installation on Ubuntu 11.10 and RHEL 5. If I try to Install RabbitMQ Ubuntu debian package or RabbitMQ RHEL rpm package, I am required to have root access.

I do not have root access to Perform Installation. If I Install generic unix tar version (which probably does not require root privilege or does it ?), will I have any Issues going forward by Installing a generic unix tax version or is it as good as Installing rpm/deb packages?

Are there any differences in tar/deb/rpm version Installable meant for specific Operation Systems? Please confirm!

Thanks,
Preeti