[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang 14 -> 15

Langston, Jim Jim.Langston at compuware.com
Fri Jan 27 13:50:03 GMT 2012

Hi Emile,

For RHEL6, you need to find a version of erlang that
will install. The documented repo pointer is for 14B
and for RHEL5, which is why it fails for RHEL6, google for:

erlang-hipe-R14B-04.1.el6.x86_64.rpm

This will get you to several locations which have
a version of erlang 14B that will install on RHEL6.

I have not found a version of R15B yet, but I did pull
the 15B source from erlang yesterday and it did build
successfully. I have not installed and tested it yet.
At this point, I don't if it is worth the effort to get
on 15B since you indicated there are no performance gains,
and you are not making use of any new 15B functionality.

Jim

http://www.compuware.com/