[rabbitmq-discuss] Install RabbitMQ 2.6.1 on Amazon Linux

Alexander Todorov alexx.todorov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 20:22:18 GMT 2012

Hi guys,
I've read this:
http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2011-September/015326.html

and the corresponding Amazon Forums thread. I don't like pointing my distros at
3rd party repositories which don't guarantee any level of compatibility and
building all the dependencies is hell. If there were less dependencies I would
be happy to maintain them myself.

My question is what are the exact dependencies for RabbitMQ server ? I don't
think it will ever need wxGTK or friends for example.

If you can point me at which erlang packages are actually needed by RabbitMQ or
a way I can extract the info I will make a patch to the spec file and test the
resulting package on Amazon Linux and on RHEL.

Regards,
Alex.