[rabbitmq-discuss] Federation Issues: Disconnects and Failures on Queue Bind - 2012-01-20

DawgTool dawgtool at aol.com
Wed Jan 25 16:56:48 GMT 2012

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the details, I am no expert (greenish would be the word) in
the internals of RabbitMQ.
I am running if HIPE:
   {rabbit,                    [{vm_memory_high_watermark, 0.6},
                                {collect_statistics_interval, 5000},
                                {hipe_compile, true}
                               ]
   },
   {mnesia,                    [{dc_dump_limit, 40},
                                {dump_log_write_threshold, 50000},
                                {send_compressed, 9},
                                {snmp, true}
                               ]
   },

SERVER_START_ARGS="+K true -smp enable"

I was also surprised on the performance numbers compared to other tests.
I downgraded both clusters to single nodes and still have the same
percentages.
I'm tempted to start testing the shovel plugin (I need all messages to
travel between sites),
but I really like the setup of Federation and the fail-over of the
exchange (haven't tested
that yet, but assume it works. LOL).

Thanks