[rabbitmq-discuss] Java client blocked when opening channel

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jan 25 14:49:33 GMT 2012

Guillaume,

Starting in 2.7.0, the threading model (for channels and Consumers) changed, so
I would expect the behaviour to be quite different now.

Have you tried upgrading to 2.7.1?

If you still experience the problem, some more information would be useful --
like a 'rabbitmqctl report' after the hang has taken place, and a thread stack
trace of the java app which is blocked, and so on.

Steve Powell  (a happy bunny)
----------some more definitions from the SPD----------
vermin (v.) Treating the dachshund for roundworm.
chinchilla (n.) Cooling device for the lower jaw.
socialcast (n.) Someone to whom everyone is speaking but nobody likes.