[rabbitmq-discuss] Architecture Question: 2 Brokers, or Not 2 Brokers ?

dnsplus developer at dnsplus.net
Mon Jan 23 16:42:23 GMT 2012

Hello Wizards,

I need some help. I need to decide whether my system will have a central
broker that routes messages to individual remote brokers (where there is a
single consumer running on a timed interval), or whether to have a central
broker with a queue for each remote site. Number of remote sites: ~8000.

I believe this is the kind of problem that would benefit from an interactive
discussion, however this does not appear to be very available at this time.

I am sure there will be necessary questions to clarify scope and objective,
and I am happy to answer them. The discourse will likely help other people
as well.

Thanks !