[rabbitmq-discuss] Wrong Version of Commons IO Bundled with RabbitMQ

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jan 23 16:38:58 GMT 2012

Richard,

Thank you for pointing this out -- for some reason our builds didn't
spot this. I have raised a bug for this (bug24701) and it will be fixed in the
next release.

In the meantime, you could patch the MANIFEST.MF in the bundle jar so that the

 Import-Package:

header includes the import:

 org.apache.commons.io;version="[1.2,2)"

Since this is a one character change it ought not to disturb the lines or the
lengths thereof. Be careful not to do so as the format of
MANIFEST.MF files is quite restrictive.

Thank you for pointing this out. If other versions of the commons-io packages
are present in the repository that the felix resolver uses, it ought to use them
if they fall into the original range.

We are presently looking to eliminate the dependency upon org.apache.commons.io
in run-time code.

Regards
Steve Powell  (a hapless bunny)
----------some more definitions from the SPD----------
vermin (v.) Treating the dachshund for roundworm.
chinchilla (n.) Cooling device for the lower jaw.
socialcast (n.) Someone to whom everyone is speaking but nobody likes.