[rabbitmq-discuss] FW: One Producer, Many Consumers, Many physical nodes

Bell, Paul M. pbell at syncsort.com
Thu Jan 19 16:17:59 GMT 2012

Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

I have finished working through a few of the tutorials you referenced. Either I missed something or haven't yet gotten to the right tutorial.

You've told me that it's possible to leave a message in a queue, i.e., that a message can persist in its queue even after it has been received by a consumer. Can you tell me how this is done?

Also, such an approach suggests the need to explicitly delete the message from the queue. Is there a way to do this?

Cordially,

Paul

>Paul,

>Looking through the tutorials will obviate many further questions.

>On this specifically,

>> When a consumer pulls a message from the queue, is there a way to
>> leave that message in queue? If so, can queue elements be updated
>> in-place, e.g., with "status" info about the state of the work that
>> the message (task) represents?

>No. You can leave it in the queue, but you can't change it. You'd have to post another message.

>-Michael

ATTENTION: -----

The information contained in this message (including any files transmitted with this message) may contain proprietary, trade secret or other  confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any pricing information contained in this message or in any files transmitted with this message is always confidential and cannot be shared with any third parties without prior written approval from Syncsort. This message is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and/or Syncsort and destroy all copies of this message in your possession, custody or control.