[rabbitmq-discuss] app_stop fails on RHEL SE-Linux

Ken Baltrinic kbaltrinic at bericotechnologies.com
Wed Jan 18 15:22:27 GMT 2012

Doh!  Okay I feel stupid.  With all the obscure issues you can run
into on DoDISS, I guess I forgot to look for the obvious. :)

I now have clustering working but... if I try to uncluster the servers
it looks like I am getting bitten by that broken "invalid command"
that simon spoke of.  Can anyone figure out what is going on in the
below command transcript?  This is not too important.  I only need to
uncluster for testing purposes and these are VMs and I have a pre-
cluster snapshot I can roll back to, but still, it seems like
something is amiss and thats a little worrisome.

Starting with a successfully clustered server pair rabbit1 and rabbit2
(both disk nodes):

[root at rabbit1 usr]# rabbitmqctl stop_app
Stopping node rabbit at rabbit1 ...
...done.
[root at rabbit1 usr]# rabbitmqctl reset
Resetting node rabbit at rabbit1 ...
...done.
[root at rabbit1 usr]# rabbitmqctl start_app
Starting node rabbit at rabbit1 ...
Error: {cannot_start_application,rabbitmq_management,
           {bad_return,
               {{rabbit_mgmt_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                {'EXIT',
                    {shutdown,
                        {gen_server2,call,
                            [<5135.22427.3>,
                             {init,<5135.22425.3>},
                             infinity]}}}}}}

If it matters, the only plugins that are enabled are
rabbitmq_management and its dependencies.