[rabbitmq-discuss] Lost messages in cluster

st0rm u2.storm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 23:06:04 GMT 2012

Hello.

I have a cluster with 4 disk nodes.
Topology is similar to many-to-many:
The only exchange distributed over all nodes. Two queues(one of them is
durable) declared per node and bound to above mentioned exchange.
So each node is able to publish messages and they will be delivered to other
nodes of cluster.

Recently I've discovered some problems when I have network failures.
If node lose network connection (or network device is down) for approx. 1
minute ( or net_ticktime period of time), this node doesn't receive message
that were published to exchange while network was down.

I've read that "RabbitMQ clustering does not tolerate network partions
well". I suppose that federation plugin can help me, but I can't understand
what network topology have to be built to preserve current functionality -
what upstreams should exist and etc.

Could somebody help me to avoid losing messages?