[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ process getting killed on log off

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jan 17 16:04:14 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 17/01/12 15:45, mayank wrote:
> When I am installing it as an service, and then trying to do
> clustering using rabbitmqctl, it is giving error that the node is
> down. Is there any place where I can find the steps to do clustering
> while running it as service.

Can you explain at which step of the clustering transcript
(http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html#transcript) you receive an
error, and any entries logged at the nodes at that time?

Ensure that all nodes are able to run independently first. If they are
all on the same server then node names and ports must be unique. In
order to configure nodes you will need a correctly set .erlang.cookie
file. Also take care that hostnames are case-sensitive on Windows.

-Emile