[rabbitmq-discuss] X-expires not working in 0-8-0 clients

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jan 17 10:20:23 GMT 2012

Hi Marcus,

On 16/01/12 23:19, MarcusR wrote:
> It seems that the x-expires argument for declaring queues is not
> accepted from 0-8 clients. The error message I receive is this:
>
> PRECONDITION_FAILED - invalid arg 'x-expires' for queue

I don't think the version of the client matters. What version of the
broker are you using? V2.0.0 and v2.1.0 only accepted expiry values of
type "long int", while you are using "int". If that is the problem then
you should either supply a "long" value or use at least v2.1.1 of the
broker (preferably the latest version).

-Emile